1. What kind of information do we collect? If you choose to register on our sites, we may ask you for information such as name, email address, postal address, age, gender, telephone number and product information. Our sites may include optional surveys, asking for your views on various products and services. If you download content from our sites, we will automatically check your hardware details. If you use community tools, we may store the content and communications which you send and receive, and we reserve the right to monitor your communications. We may also detail your activity and personal preferences when visiting our sites (see "Cookies", below). Please always obtain consent first before giving us anyone else's personal information (for example, for send-a-friend promotions). Please make sure that any personal details which you provide are accurate and current, and let us know if there are any changes.
2. What do we do with the information we collect? We use the information we collect in a number of ways: • to operate our websites and provide the information and services you ask for, including downloads, chat rooms, bulletin boards, promotions and competitions • to deal with your customer service requests • for internal analysis and research to improve our websites and other products and services • to send you newsletters and marketing information about products and services, and offers, products and services from selected third party companies, but only as permitted by law or requested by you (see "How to unsubscribe" below), which may include using your personal information to identify products, services and promotions which we believe will be of particular interest to you • to market and promote new products and services to you via our websites and services and third party advertising services, which may include using your personal information to identify products, services and promotions which we believe will be of particular interest to you • to send administrative emails (for example, if you forget your password) • to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of our sites or services. We may link or combine the information that we collect about you from different sources. Information may be linked via a unique identifier or we may decide to combine two or more databases into a single database of customer information. We may do this for your and/or our benefit (for example, to allow us to provide a more seamless customer support whenever you contact us or to provide you with better, personalised services, content, recommendations, marketing and adverts).
4. Who else has access to your information? Our affiliated companies, local distributors and other organisations who work for us may have access to your information in order to manage that information for us and to provide you with information and services requested by you. Some of these companies may process your information in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the United States and Japan. Data protection laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in the EEA. If you are not happy for us to transfer your information in this way, you should not access and use our websites. In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or to protect or defend ourselves or others against illegal or harmful activities. If our business is sold or restructured, your details may be transferred as part of the business.
5. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to your computer to record your online activity. Cookies are used to help users navigate websites easily and to perform various functions. As cookies enhance site usability and processes, if you disable them the website may not operate as expected and you may not be able to access certain functions. What cookies do we use? "Session ID" cookies These cookies store a random identifier which enables your actions to be linked in order to display the website correctly and to provide services that you request. These cookies are only active whilst you are on the website and do not remain on your device once the browser session is closed. "Browsing experience" cookies These cookies store non-identifying user preferences, such as your language, country and age and are used to enhance the browsing experience and display appropriate content. Some of these cookies will remain for the length of the session, while others (such as language preferences) will persist on your device to allow the same preferences to be displayed on your next visit to our sites. "Web analytics" cookies These cookies store anonymous data about how you and others use our websites and advertisements. We use this data to measure the performance of our websites and advertisements and to understand how they can be improved. These cookies may be set when you visit this website and when you visit the websites of others showing our advertisements. These cookies may be controlled by third parties who provide these 'web analytics' services to us and will persist on your device once your session is closed. "Social plug-in" cookies If you have signed in to a social networking site, such as Facebook, they may have set a cookie on your device which recognises you when you view content on our sites. These cookies allow you to share content across social media via the use of sharing settings. "Advertising" cookies These are used to display internet based advertising using information from cookies, this is called "ad retargeting". The aim is to advertise relevant products defined by what you have previously viewed, searched or clicked when you interacted with our sites, services or advertising. These cookies enable advertising partners to define what ads are served to you when you visit other selected websites, and control the number of times an ad can be served to the same internet browser. You can choose to opt-out from this type of advertising permanently by going to www.YourOnlineChoices.eu.
6. Security. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise unauthorised access to or disclosure of your information. However, we do not guarantee that we will eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by intruders. Please keep any passwords for your accounts safe and do not disclose them to anyone else. You must contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or other security breach. Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other community areas on our sites are open to the public. You should avoid disclosing any information in these areas which may identify you or anyone else. We are not responsible for the protection or security of information which you disclose in these areas.
7. Monitoring and logging. We cannot monitor the whole of our websites and online services and make no commitment to do so. However, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to monitor and record any of your online activity and communication throughout our websites and online services and to remove and/or delete any content from our websites and online services at our sole discretion, without further notice to you, and you expressly agree that we may do so. Any information collected in this way may include: • the content of your forum posts and other communications and your Online ID and registered account details; and • server log information including IP address, browser information (including HTTP user agent strings), HTTP client request information and the time and location of your activities. This information may be consolidated with similar information logged by other Sony group companies and third parties and may be used by us and other Sony group companies to enforce our terms of service, to comply with the law and to protect our rights and those of our licensors, users and others, and the personal safety of our employees, users and others. This information may be passed to the police or other appropriate authorities. By using our websites and online services, you expressly consent to this.
8. Contacting us. You are legally entitled to know what personal information an organisation holds about you and how that information is processed. Aviacommerce stating the address of the website where you registered.
Last updated: November 21st (1st update)